It’s never too early to learn. Welcome to LCA’s preschool program!
Based on the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education, this program is developed for students from 3-5 years old and supports the growth of the whole child in an atmosphere that is engaging and encourages your child’s overall development.
A major aspect of the Reggio Emilia approach is the component of outdoor play. Our unique lakefront campus allows for the creation of an outdoor classroom used daily by our preschool program. Experience in natural environments develops a child’s imagination and sense of wonder. Our 4 Reggio classrooms are filled with light and natural materials. Can you hear your child’s excitement already?
Take a virtual tour of a preschool classroom.
The Reggio Emilia philosophy is based upon the following set of principles:
- Children are capable, strong, and able to problem-solve all while having some control over the direction of their learning
- Children learn through experiences of touching, moving, listening, seeing and hearing
- Children learn through collaborating and forming relationships with one another & by manipulating materials in their environment, thus providing endless opportunities for expression
Once our preschool students move on to our elementary school, we believe that they are better equipped to solve problems, work together in a team, tackle projects, and even research! The intellectual curiosity that is nurtured in our program is later rewarded as children become lifelong learners.
2017-2018 Enrollment Options:
- 3 year olds, Mornings, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (8am-noon)
- 4 & 5 year olds, Mornings, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (8 am-noon)
- 4 & 5 year olds, 3 full days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (8am-3pm)
- 4 & 5 year olds, 5 full days, Monday-Friday (8am-3pm)
* Maximum Enrollment Levels: 3 year olds: 12 children/teacher; 4 & 5 year-olds: 14 children/teacher. Classes that exceed these sizes require the presence of a teacher’s aide. Lakewood Catholic Academy adheres firmly to the state standard for enrollment.