Take a virtual tour of our gymnasium!
Welcome to the Home of the Saints and the LCA Athletic Booster Club (LCAAB)
We are a proud participant in the CYO Athletic Program of the Diocese of Cleveland. Our program is comprehensive and includes a wide range of choices for students in grades 3-8, as well as a Lacrosse Club and several intramural opportunities for younger children.
The LCAAB helps to oversee Lakewood Catholic Academy athletic programs. We are dedicated to bringing quality programs to the students of LCA as well as to PSR participants from our supporting parishes – St. Clement, St. James, St. Luke & Transfiguration. The LCAAB is comprised of:
President: Nick Peura
Vice President: Jim Rumsey
Treasurer: Dan Lavelle
Secretary: Mike Fletcher
Athletic Director/Pastoral Designee: Meghann Hubach
Coordinating Officer: Patty Thoma
Development Officer: Bill Trentel
LCA Board Liaison: Ken Rogozinski
Registration Officer: Leigh Fox
Our mission mirrors that of CYO:
To help young people be more Christ-like in the way they live. Our programs focus
on the total development of participants in order to influence the formation of
Our program relies on volunteers to serve as coaches as well to help organize events. All coaches are interviewed and must be CYO and Virtus certified – in addition to completing BCI/FBI background checks.
Any questions about getting involved in the LCA Athletic Program, or about any aspect of the program, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Basketball Registration is Underway
Registration is open to students in grades 3-8 who are enrolled at LCA or a PSR program at St. Clement, St. James, St. Luke, or Transfiguration parishes. All registrations must be made online, and the deadline to register is Friday, October 28th. Late registrations, subject to a late registration fee, will only be permitted when players are needed to complete a team roster.
Important Basketball Information
- The fee to participate is $100 per student
- Practices begin the first week of November
- Games begin the first weekend of December
- Each student will be provided with a uniform that must be returned at the end of the season
- Practices will be after-school/evenings
- League games are played on Saturdays and Sundays
- Tournament games are played on weekday evenings and weekends
- All students must have a current physical (within the last 12 months) on file. Physicals must be signed and dated by a physician. Athletes without a physical will not be able to practice or play in games. Click here to download a CYO Physical Form.
Any questions about LCA basketball or the registration process can be directed to email@example.com