Each spring we hold an intramural volleyball camp for 3rd graders. Look for information to come home with students early in spring.
PSR students are welcome. The program is run by our LCA coaching staff and is a great way to have fun while learning the fundamentals and rules of the game. The program runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for 3 weeks, typically beginning the last week in March—March 23-27, 2015.
Intramural basketball is available for children in grades K-3 during the spring.
The LCA intramural track team is open to all LCA and PSR students in grades 1-2. The intramural program includes 8 schools on the west side of Cleveland & culminates in a championship meet in mid-May.
- Practices begin in early April
- The team practices 2 days week
- Practices are typically held at Lakewood Park
- LCA will provide a t-shirt to be worn for the meets
- LCA will take orders at the beginning of the season for personalized hoodies ($18 each)
- Athletes need to provide their own running shoes
- Intramural meets are informal and generally held between 5 to 7 teams
- LCA typically participates in 4 to 5 meets each season
- Meets are generally held on Saturday afternoons
- Meet locations include Westlake High and Padua
- Track events include: 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 800m and 4x100m relay
- Field events include running jump, standing jump, and a throw
Contact Alec Pacella, Track Commissioner, by email email@example.com.
The LCA Academy Ski Club offers students in grades 4-8, whether beginners or pros, the opportunity to ski together with their friends. In addition to traditional downhill skiing, Ski Club offers snowboarding and snowblading (those interested in snowblading must supply their own equipment). Ski Club registration takes place during late October through mid-November and the first of 5 ski sessions takes place in early January. There are typically 7 skiing sessions. Students travel by bus from the school to Boston Mills Ski Resort, or may travel with parents.
For More Information, Contact: Ski Club Advisor Hollie Nejad by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.