The LCA track team is open to all LCA and PSR students in grades 3-8. LCA competes in CYO’s Western Division, which includes 16 schools on the west side of Cleveland. City-wide, there are 32 teams, and the season culminates in the CYO City Championship meet in late May.
- Current physical must be on file before participation
- CYO regular season practices begin the second week of March
- Practices are held three days/week and participants are expected to attend every practice. Practices generally last one hour and are held late afternoon/early evening at St. Edward High School two days/week and at Lakewood Park one day/week.
- LCA will provide a uniform for all athletes
- Athletes need to provide their own running shoes/spikes
- CYO meets are held on seven Saturday mornings/Sunday afternoons through March, April, and May
- The first meet is typically the last weekend in March
- Meets are run according to grade level and generally last for three hours
- Athletes are permitted to participate in up to three events. Athletes are encouraged to fully participate at the meets.
- Track events include: 100m, 200m, 200m hurdles, 400m, 800m, 1600m and 4 x 100m & 4 x 200m relays.
- Field events include: shot put, running jump, standing jump, discus (older group only), and high jump (older group only)