Everything we do at LCA begins with a prayer.
Lakewood Catholic Academy offers children and families of all faiths a strong, supportive environment in which to nurture spiritual and character development.
Religious instruction is central to our curriculum—it’s where students learn the truths and values of our Catholic faith. All students, regardless of religious affiliation or denomination, take religious instruction and attend all liturgy and prayer service.
Take a virtual tour of our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atrium.
What your child can expect for his or her Catholic experience at LCA:
- Each school day begins and ends with prayer, led by a student or administrator
- Each month, we focus on 1 traditional prayer of the Church—learning and understanding its meaning. The lives of the saints are incorporated into each morning prayer
- Daily religious instruction—including sacramental preparation for First Communion, First Reconciliation, and Confirmation
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – a Montessori-based approach to religious education based in Scripture and Liturgy for children in grades K-6. We are the only school in the Diocese to offer this internationally-acclaimed program
- Class-level masses and prayer services in a beautiful chapel and periodic all-school masses throughout the year
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered during Advent and Lent
- Priests from Saint Clement, Saint James, Saint Luke and Transfiguration Parishes regularly visit classrooms and celebrate the Eucharist
- A firm but loving approach to discipline based on the acclaimed Love and Logic program
- A broad range of service opportunities for children of all ages
- An unwavering commitment to developing young people into tomorrow’s leaders